Fam·i·ly

[Melissa]

The word "fam·i·ly" Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another.

Happy Holidays!

17 December 2010
I am surrounded by teachers, or people who work in the schools, so I know that today is a celebratory day!  I remember this day.  A long day at school with screaming kids who have eaten too many cupcakes, or candy canes.  When the last of the kids pile out of the school into the arms of waiting parents who are not as happy, a muffled sigh could be heard from the staff who slump behind their desks thinking about their first rum and egg nog, or the extra large glass of wine they will have knowing no school until the new year.
Today i will help you all celebrate!  Happy Holidays!  You deserve a break!

I have been wanting to share this new venture I have taken.  Myself and a friend have been working long and hard on something that is very close to my heart.  I want to give back I want to help.  So we launched The Tiny Light foundation!  We donate our time and talent to children and families who are faced with a diagnosis or disability.  We have been working hard on the site and facebook fan page so that word came back on the business end we were ready to launch, so when that email arrived in my mail box, I suddenly became nervous.  But so excited.  We could tell the world, we can now start helping!  I have been hovering over the computer emailing anyone and everyone, looking for people who will listen and want to help also.  In less then 24 hrs we have a cover and a article, and have been added to the support section of a Edmonton based magazine.  So needless to say we are so happy, and grateful for the opportunity!  So please if you are not a fan please join our page, and spread the word.  Suggest us to all your friends!

Tonight we ventured out to see the "Canadian Pacific Holiday Train"!  What a sight, with lights, music, people dancing in the glow of red, and green.  The smiles of kids when Santa waved as it drove off.  Amazing!





We are so ready Christmas!
~M
xo

0 comments: